Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cuppy Cakes (342)

I served at a wedding last night, and I have to admit that my mind wasn't really on my job. I was mostly spying on the wedding trying to pick up on some awesome ideas. It's been a while since I've been to a wedding, so I was pretty pumped. First of all, it was GORGEOUS wedding! It was all outdoors, which is beautiful, but given the date of our wedding, I think that's gonna be a bad idea. August+Nebraska=miserable humidity. Boo. Anyway, my favorite idea I took away from last night was having a cupcake tower instead of a cake. I was too busy to get a picture (that, and I left my camera in the car...and it may have been awkward for the server girl to be taking pictures of the wedding stuff :P) It looked something like this:

The style was very different, but you get the idea - the top tier for the first anniversary, and cupcakes for people to come and get for themselves. I don't know what they did when it was time to cut the cake - but my mom and I thought it would be cute to just cut a cupcake in half. :)

I think it will work well with my guests too - 30% of them are children under 5  (Yikes! I know!) and kiddos do well with cupcakes :) 


4 comments:

  1. Very cute and popular these days. Let me know if you want to talk cake?

    Augusta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am picturing an assembly line of cupcake construction! Sounds fun! and looks adorable!

    ~Mrs. Knutson

    ReplyDelete