Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Frustrated (283)

I would consider my family to be pretty smart when it comes to spending and saving money. I was raised comfortably, but we always stretched our what we had as far as it would go, reused everything, wore hand-me-downs, always bought used when we could, and rarely bought things full price. I was taught to think long and hard about something before making a purchase, and I'm very thankful for that. Here's the thing. Now that I'm planning a pretty large event (two, actually) there's really no way around spending a ton of money. It makes me sick to spend this kind of money. And it's not even *my* money! The thing that I'm most frustrated about is the lack of information on how to save big bucks on a beautiful wedding. Sure, there are plenty of "Budget Wedding" articles, but, to be honest, they're pretty lame. Here's one list I found:

1. Trim your guest list.

This is actually a fantastic idea, but I've already cut as many people as I can. I think I need to become a hermit :P

2. Save on invitations - don't include the formal second envelope in the invitations and make your response card a post card.

Yeah, I came up with this I don't know how long ago.

3. Don't serve alcohol.

Considering that we're both going to be 20 and we don't necessarily want to drink alcohol even after that, it wasn't even in the original budget. Thank you again. :/

4. Shop second hand.

Way ahead of you there buddy.

I think I just need to be more creative, ask more questions, make more phone calls, and be PATIENT. Something I'm not the best at...

No comments:

Post a Comment