Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Honeymoon Thoughts (209)

I would consider myself to be a pretty organized person. However, I'm not so great about organizing and planning a vacation. I'm trying to plan out our honeymoon, but it's not going as well as I would have liked. We're still thinking that we would love to go to Disneyland, but then we have to think about how we'll get back to Fresno in time for the reception. Hmm. We won't have a car, so would a train be a good option (from Anaheim to Fresno?)  Have any of you taken Amtrak? Is that a good option? What hotels near Disneyland are good options?  Anyone know how to fly two people from Omaha to John Wayne and then Fresno to Omaha for under 800 bucks? I'm clueless. On days when I have to do things like this, I feel like a clueless 12 year old. I'm just a baby! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Megan uses Amtrack to come from San Diego to Bakersfield. The train only goes to LA you have an "Amtrack Bus" (large like Greyhound) that brings you from the LA terminal to the Bakersfield Terminal. Not sure if it is a train or bus to up Fresno(site will show). If you have a Student Discount card, it works for Amtrack discounts. On holidays it can be booked. Amtrack web site has a trip planner. If you consider that to Omaha, make sure you check the number of days you'll travel. They have sleeper cars that are benches in day, beds at night. But it can seem long on a train for several days.

    Flights and hotels have usually been cheaper through Expedia or Cheaptickets; this time I actually got a flight from United itself. Have you considered LAX for more options? See if the hotels have airport shuttles. Lots of them have shuttles to Disney too. Sometimes you get a better deal staying at a nicer place with breakfast & shuttles than the cheaper motels which nickle & dime you.

    ReplyDelete