Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do I really need...? (223)

As much as I complain about how big my guest list is, I really do want to have a lot of people at my wedding. I am willing to cut corners in other places in order to accommodate the extra guests. I'm already sorry that I printed save the date cards...while the cards were relatively inexpensive at first glance, there's postage, address labels...oh yeah, and the fact that I need 600 of them to consider - which made them pretty pricey.  Here are some things that I'm considering cutting out in order to save money...

-  Programs. Are they really necessary? What happens to them when the guests go home? My guess is that at least 80% of them get thrown away within a few days. 

-  Favors. Is this tacky? I'm just saying...how many wedding favors have you actually kept? Do you need another trinket with our names and a date on them?

-  A guest book. What happened to the guest book from your wedding? Have you looked at it since? I think it's just another thing collecting dust...I do want to keep track of who was at my wedding, but can't there be a more interesting way of doing that than just having them sign their name in a book? 

-  Full meal. This has been decided, so don't expect a hefty meal at the wedding :P We plan on serving cake, cheese and crackers and fruit...enough to fill you up, but still relatively inexpensive. 

I'm sure there's more, but I'm too tired to think. Off to bed I go :) Night night all :) 

1 comment:

  1. These can all be safely cut without another thought, dear! Just pick what is important to you.

    ReplyDelete